The Development Food Co-op (DFC) is not Free Store and much more than a Food Pantry. We want to help families get out of poverty by providing financial benefits but, more importantly, personal development opportunities.
The DFC is a member’s program. Members have three requirements:
- They pay $4 for approximately $50 in groceries. This $4 is used to support the Co-op and allows the member to have the dignity of participation.
- Members must meet directly with a coordinator. This usually takes 15-20 minutes and is a chance for relationships to be built. We check-in, do a devotion and pray.
- Because we want to be developmentally focused, each member is required to take one development course per year. We offer parenting, financial literacy, health, and personal discovery courses.
If you are interested in participating, the first step is to complete an application in one of the following ways:
- Call Joshua’s Place at 494-2001
- Stop by the our offices located in the South Lebanon Community Center
- Download an application